FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes, you can do the treatment over any kind of straightening.
- Is this treatment a relaxer?
No, it is a treatment based on keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
- Can I colour my hair after the treatment?
Yes, we recommend doing so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment. For better results we actually recommend only after you colour your hair.
- Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes, you can do the treatment over any relaxed hair.
- Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes, you can do the treatment over any chemically treated hair.
- Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes, you can do the highlights and do the treatment right after.
- Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes, but we only recommend on children 10 and over.
- When can I wash my hair after the treatment?
It is recommended to wait for 3 full days after the treatment but it can be sooner if desired or needed.
- Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only after the hair has had it's first wash.
- What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 3 days or before the first wash?
Blow dry and re-straighten immediately.
- Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Only after the first wash.
- How long will the treatment last on my hair?
2 months on virgin hair, and 3-4 months on any other type of hair.
- What shampoo and Conditioner can I use after doing the treatment?
Sodium chloride (salt) free products only - do not get confused with sulfate free. We recommend QOD after care products.
- Do I have to do root touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
The whole head.
- When should I have the treatment done again?
2-3 months or as needed.
- Can I do the treatment every month?
Yes, if needed.
- Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. we recommend cutting your hair afterwards, so this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
- Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse, or any other hair products on my hair during the first 3 day period?
- If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair.
- Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing?
It is not recommended by the Health Department.